Hello, Humans of the internet! It’s the end of September. Not exactly the last day, we still have two more, but this is close enough. September was kind of eventful. Highs:
- I have decided to commit to growing my hair out. I have been saying since middle school that I wanted to grow out my hair. But I always cut it off or dye it a really bright color for example:
But now I’m committed. I’m going to grow out my hair. I’m not going to dye it (at least for a while)
- ring cleaning. I have a ring that Schulz gave me, it’s one of those rings with the hands holding the heart, it’s really pretty. Anyway, I never take it off. Ever. At all. Not for a moment. I wear it swimming. It never comes off. So I noticed that the little sparkly bit was less sparkly than I remembered. So, as any normal adult would do, I asked my mom how to fix it and she taught me the use one of those tooth pick brushes and rubbing alcohol to clean it and get all the little nooks. And that makes me really happy. The ring makes me happy and seeing it looking like it’s sparkly self again, is really making me happy.
- Ear infection: The ear infection from last month got better, then came back with a vengeance. Now, I’m back on meds and have developed something called eustachian tube dysfunction (which is just a weird swelling thing behind my ears.) So, I’m on medicine and am feeling better. But, sometimes I really hate being on meds for my whole life. I am thankful that I’m only four medicines and that right now I can afford my medicines.
- Long Distance. Being in a long distance relationship is really hard. the person that I love is really far away. Like really far away. I’m constantly worried about him and can’t always contact him. (I really do try not to talk about him all the time, because I know it annoys some people that I’m always talking about him. It’s just this is “stories in the life of a girl with dyslexia” and he’s a pretty important character in my story.)
- No new kitten: My friend’s cat had kittens and one of them looks exactly like Simon. Some of you might be new here (I know some of you are. Quite a few of you are very new.) Simon was my cat, here’s a post about him. And and another from 2 weeks later. I was feeling ready for a new kitten, but because I am currently living with my parents and they are not feeling ready for a new kitten at this point, so I have to respect that. Here is a picture of the kitten that I couldn’t take home.
- I accidentally melted a shirt that a customer brought in to have their name put on the back. I have been doing this for over a year and have never seen this happen before. Luckily is was a customer who has come in before and knows that we don’t typically melt shirts and she was super cool about it. I still feel absolutely awful.
I hope everyone had a great month. Let me know, what are your highs, lows, and uh-ohs? I will see y’all Monday for some pre-Halloween! It’s finally socially acceptable to be excited for Halloween. Get your pumpkins and lets watch some horror movies.