Hello Humans of the internet! I realize that that title might be taken as misleading because I’m not going back to school. Ever. I graduated, I survived, I’m not going back. But this is back to school season and quite frankly my favorite time of the year for several reasons and not really anything to do with back to school…
First of all, I want to wish good luck to all the first year teachers out there who either just met their first classes of students or will be meeting them soon. I hope you have an easier time getting out of bed than you did in college. For anyone that is feeling bummed out about school starting be it because you are a student or a teacher here are 5 reasons to be excited about the upcoming school year.
- in just a few months you will be able to comfortably wear jeans. Unless you live in a place with more reasonable weather patterns, then you can already wear jeans. If you live in a place that is still hot and attend a school with a dress code I’m sorry. I know your pain.
- You can buy new notebooks and new notebooks are one of the most fun things ever. I saw a notebook in Wal-mart that had a holographic unicorn. What more could you ask for?
- New shoes. I like shoes especially sneaker and boots and fall is the time to wear them and naturally, the time that I buy them. Am I aware that you should buy things when they are not in season so that it will be cheaper? Yes. Do I still buy new boots almost every fall? Yes. I’m sorry.
- It’s almost Halloween. That means that it’s not “too early” to plan costumes and make-up and blog posts that are all Halloween related.
- Not really something to be excited about but hurricanes. Hopefully this year we don’t have such dramatic hurricane season. I know that Hawaii has already experienced some. We have been getting everything ready for any potential hurricanes that might hit South Carolina. Canned food stock piled.
I’m excited I’m even going to make some pumpkin spiced tea. That’s right. I’m going to go un-ironically enjoy a cup of pumpkin spiced tea.